Alright.  Lesson 2 in the Risen Drums Video Lesson Series is up and running.  Check it out, and then post any questions that you might have here – I will do my best to answer them.

Meanwhile… here’s a little follow up on the lesson.  While the heel/toe adds a cool sound to your grooves, I should stress that the technique is not supposed to be your default way of playing the hats.  Any technique, no matter how cool it is, will be ruined if you use it too often.  Everything in moderation.  I probably use the heel/toe about 30% of the time… and that of course means I’m doing something else on the hats for the other 70% – maybe toe/heel (the reverse of heel/toe, which I explained on the video), or maybe heel hits only, or perhaps some sort of hybrid pattern.

Advertisements